What is Stripping and Waxing?
First, when flooring gets extremely dirty, mopping alone will not clean it entirely. The old wax that is coating the floor needs to be stripped off because it is sealing in dirt and debris. The process of stripping and waxing needs to be done by a professional. Let Complete Detail handle all your floor needs!
How is a Floor Strip and Wax performed?
- Preparing the Area– Dust mopping or vacuuming the area that will be cleaning must be done first to rid the area of any dust and large debris.
- Stripping– The first step in the process is putting a chemical on the floor that will break down the dirt and grime. After about 10-15 minutes, a machine is used to scrub the floors and remove all the old wax.
- Thorough Cleaning– The remaining stripping agent needs to be cleaned with a wet vac, followed by a cleaning with an agent that has an acid base to neutralize the floor. After that the floor needs to be wet vacuumed again and dried completely.
- Sealant– This step is vital to extending the wear of VCT tile. It will also reduce marks and scratches and guard against dirt and abrasion.
- Waxing– The last step in the process is applying the wax to the floors. The wax coating will not only protect the floor but it also leaves the floor with a beautiful shine.
When Do I Need to Strip and Wax My Floors?
Since there are many benefits that come from stripping and waxing floors, a common question is how often should this service be performed? For most floors, it usually ends up needing done every 12-18 months. This of course depends on your flooring. Is traffic heavy? Have there been a lot of spills or other accidents?In gereral, strip and wax shouldn’t be done more than once every 6 months, and no less than once every 36 months.
How Much Does a Strip and Wax Cost?
On average, prices average between 30 to 60 cents per sq. ft. However, prices vary depending on the job and what the client wants or needs. If a smaller area needs cleaned, be prepared to spend a minimum price of $ 150 – $ 200.
How to Keep Floors Looking Cleaner Longer:
- Use entryway mats
- Sweep, dry mop and wet mop floors daily
- Don’t use overly abrasive scrubbing pads when cleaning
- Get regular strip and wax done
To call and discuss your individual floor waxing needs, feel free to call our professionals today! 937-507-2927