Finding standing water in your home can seem like an impossible mess. Once you figure out you have a busted pipe in your home, it will not be long until severe damage is caused if left alone. What should you do when you discover a busted pipe or a leak? How is a water leak cleaned up and fixed? How much will it cost to fix? Will your homeowner’s insurance cover any repairs?How can you prevent mishaps in the future? Let’s discuss answers to these important questions, and more.
What Happens to your Home when a Pipe Bursts?
- Damage to walls, flooring and belongings.
- Parts of your home may flood with water.
- Insulation may grow and become saturated with water.
- Any exposed electrical wiring may short out and increase risk of fire.
- If water accumulates and stands too long, structural weakness could occur.
- Damp drywall and wood could easily lead to mold.
Complete Detail- Here When Things Go Wrong
During the winter months, water damage within your pipes is increased. Furthermore, it could end up being a very costly situation if not handled correctly. Our water damage restoration department at Complete Detail in Troy, Ohio knows just what you’re up against. In addition, we want to assist you and make sure the damage is mitigated and the property is restored. Also, we want to all while avoid any further damages from occurring. Choose us and give us a call at (937) 507-2927 today so our experts can assist you.
What Should You Do?
- Shut Off Water- The water supply to your home needs to be completely turned off. If you think the water may have reached the electrical sockets or fuse box, shut off electricity immediately also.
- Drain Cold Faucets– Open cold-water faucets until all water is drained, this includes flushing your toilet until all water is flushed out. This will also release pent up pressure in the pipe line.
- Drain Hot Faucets– Shut off water heater and drain hot water taps.
- Let Warm Air In– If pipes burst because of freezing, this is an important step.
- Document– Take pictures of the damage to your home and possessions. You will want as much information on your side when you call your insurance company.
- Call a Professional– Get help for flood cleanup from those who are specially trained to do so.
Busted Water Pipe Damage
If your home or commercial building has suffered from any kind of water damage due to a busted pipe, our water damage team in Troy can help. Complete Detail is an honest and reliable company to choose when dealing with such a serious issue. Since we specialize in water damage cleanup and other water-related disasters, our company not only has the equipment to deal with the task, but the expertise. If you are experiencing any water damage issues, call us at (937) 507-2927. We will be there right away!
What is the Busted Pipe Water Cleanup Process?
- Remove wet belongings
- Extract water
- Dry the area
- Disinfect and deodorize area
- Locate and repair burst pipe
- Repair water damaged areas
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover a Burst Pipe?
Usually, it is safe to say that homeowner’s insurance will help to cover water damage costs. This is, of course, if the damage was sudden and accidental. However, insurance may pay for repairs if, for example, something is directly damaged due to the pipe bursting. If you have specific questions regarding your policy, it is best to call your agent.
The Complete Detail Cleaning & Restoration Difference
- Free Busted Pipe in Troy Water Cleanup Estimates
- Licensed & Insured
- 24/7 Emergency Busted Pipe Water Cleanup Availability
- Family Owned & Operated
- IICRC Certified & Insured
- We Work with Insurance
- Quick Initial Response
- Commercial & Residential Busted Pipe Water Cleanup
Effects of Busted Pipe
You may already be aware; a burst pipe can cause severe damage. This damage can cost hundreds or even thousands (depending on the amount of water and what was ruined) Including, damage to walls, flooring and belongings. For example, parts of your home may flood with water, and Insulation may become useless and need replaced. Drywall may need to be torn out and replaced. Also, be aware of any exposed electrical wiring that may short out and increase the risk of fire. In addition, if water accumulates and stands too long, structural weakness could occur, and mold may start to grow. Mold is in a category of trouble all on its own. In order to avoid mold growth, it is wise to have a professional completely dry out your home and belongings, if possible.
Can I Perform a Busted Pipe Cleanup Myself?
As you may already know, water damage and flooding can cause several different types of problems. Most of these problems are best handled in the hands of a professional. For example, you may not be able to remove all the moisture from your flooding incident. If not properly done, mold could easily grow and become an entirely new problem.
How Much Does Busted Water Pipe Damage Cost?
Cost depends on your specific situation. Typically, water damage clean up and repair can be anywhere around $1,000 to $2,000 in costs depending on the extent. If you are interested in how much your cleanup will cost, call (937) 507-2927 for more help. We look forward to hearing from you!
How To Prevent Pipes Bursting
Pipes usually burst or leak due to freezing, thawing and refreezing. Here are a few tips to keep your pipes from freezing in the first place:
- When it becomes extremely cold outside, keep your faucets running, at least at a quick drip to prevent them from freezing.
- Seal cracks in your home to prevent cold air from coming in.
- Warm pipes near the exterior of your home since these are more likely to freeze, so keep all areas of your home well above 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Leave cabinet doors open to allow warm air to prevent pipes underneath from freezing.
Team Up with a Certified Team of Professionals
The IICRC, is a certification and educational organization for restoration & cleaning industries. Therefore, the IICRC is considered to be the best source of knowledge in the industry. Complete Detail is proudly certified through the IICRC and exhibit the organization’s five key values on every project. The IICRC’s five key values are respect, responsibility, integrity, excellence, and expertise.
If you have any questions or concerns about a burst pipe in your home, call Complete Detail today and have a professional help you out! Also, check out our latest reviews to see why Complete Detail is the best solution for you!