Part of the water damage restoration process is drying and dehumidifying. Who can you trust to remove moisture from your home or business? Best of all, contact the experts at Complete Detail today to make an appointment! Therefore, call 937-507-2927 and a professional crew will guide you in the steps needed to resolve the issue.
We are also going to dive into some helpful information about water damage. What should you do in the event of a water disaster? We will also outline the drying and water cleanup process. This will help you better understand where drying and dehumidifying falls in line and why it’s such an important step.
Trusted Drying and Dehumidifying Professionals
Obviously, Complete Detail is the company to choose! Not only do we provide a certified crew but all work is done in a professional and timely manner but our drying and dehumidifying teams get your property back to its pre-loss state.
We follow several steps in drying your property. First, we start by addressing the cause of the water damage. After that, we are able to stop the water and dry the problem area. Then, our crew will begin cleaning the property and preventing property damages. Don’t hesitate to contact us at (937) 507-2927 to get cleanup repairs started swiftly!
- Dehumidifiers reduce humidity, making your home less likely to have allergens such as dust mites, mold, and mildew.
- Helps to reduce odors that come from mold and mildew
- Lowers energy costs. When the air in your home is more humid, the A/C must do the function of cooling the air and removing moisture, which means it has to work harder.
The Drying Process
When it comes to completely removing all water from a damaged property, there are a few basic steps we follow. First, we inspect the situation and assess damage. Then, we use special tools to remove water completely from surfaces. After that, we use professional grade dehumidifiers to remove any remaining moisture from the air. Following each step in the process is crucial. If not removed quickly and correctly, mold can begin to develop, which is another problem entirely.
The Complete Detail Cleaning & Restoration Difference
- Free Estimates
- Licensed & Insured
- 24/7 Emergency Availability
- Family Owned & Operated
- IICRC Certified & Insured
- We Work with Insurance
- Initial Response Under 60 Minutes
- Commercial & Residential Drying
What to Do After Water Damage Disaster
1. Protect Yourself and Your Possessions
Experiencing water damage is serious. If not taken care of properly, it can potentially harm your health and family’s safety. For example, you may be at risk for dealing with contaminated water, mold growth or other flood dangers. In order to protect yourself, follow these helpful tips:
- Shut off the electricity– do this by going to the circuit breakers and switching it off and unplugging any devices.
- Leave a dangerous situation– If you notice any danger of flooding, evacuate the flooded area until authorities say it’s safe to come back.
- Wear PPE– When it becomes safe to reenter your property, wear boots, gloves and protective clothing.
- Find Valuables– Once it’s safe to, move valuable items and documents somewhere safe and dry.
2. Stop the Water Damage
A professional will locate the source of water and stop it. However, before the professionals arrive, you can take the following steps:
- Locate the shut off valves for your home’s water system or hot water tank. Usually, the cause of water damage is a leaking or burst pipe.
- Some recommend sandbagging and ditching as preventative measures if a flood is expected in your area.
- In case of a leaking ceiling, it is best to call professionals to come out and help.
- Watch out for mold! Signs like foul odor or discoloration can be tells you shouldn’t ignore.
3. Contact Your Insurance Company
One of the most important steps you can take is calling your insurance company. Make an effective claim using the following tips:
- Call as soon as damage occurs. Then you will be in a better position to find out what steps to take next.
- Do what you can to get an adjuster over as soon as possible. They will be able to document the damage and estimate the cost of repairs for you.
- Be sure to take personal photos of everything that has been damaged for your personal records. Include any valuables that were affected.
- Keep detailed records and receipts of everything.
4. Dry Things Out with the Help of Professionals
If you can start drying out your property within 24 hours and complete the process in 3 to 4 days, you can virtually eliminate the growth of mold and mildew.
- Move wet furniture from flooding areas.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil between furniture legs and wet carpet to prevent carpet stains.
- Remove any rugs and hang to dry.
- Fans and dehumidifiers are used to dry out the entire area.
- Set your air conditioning to the “on” position to help remove humidity.
- Professional grade equipment used by restoration companies will be needed to fully dry out your property and ensure mold growth will not be a problem.
5. Call a Restoration Company to Clean and Restore Your Property
After water has damaged parts of your home, time and effort are needed to repair it all. Calling a professional restoration company is the best way to handle this step. Keep these steps in mind when a company comes to restore your property:
- Determine what is worth saving and what just needs to be thrown away because it has been ruined in the flood.
- Any drywall, insulation, flooring, carpeting or baseboards that got wet in the flood may need to be removed. By replacing these, it will prevent mold and mildew growth.
- Moisture detectors will be an important thing professional bring to the table during a restoration. Since moisture can get into places that you can’t see or easily find, a professional will need to detect it and eliminate any chances of mold growth.
- Also, about any damaged property such as documents and electronics. These can often be restored with specialty equipment.
Certainly, Complete Detail Cleaning & Restoration is the most trusted drying and dehumidifying company in Ohio. To be sure, we take pride in leaving our customers fully satisfied. Call us at 937-507-2927 and see why your neighbors choose us!