Choose Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Professionals in Huber Heights, OH
After a fire, you will need professional help and advice. Additionally, it is helpful to have a mediator with your insurance company. Without a doubt, a fire is very serious and can be emotionally taxing for all involved. Who can you trust to take care of you and your family? A good restoration company is vital. Read why so many of your neighbors are satisfied with our services. If you are in need of fire damage restoration in Huber Heights, call Complete Detail.
The Complete Detail Difference
- Free Fire and Smoke Damage Estimates
- Licensed & Insured
- 24/7 Emergency Fire and Smoke Damage Availability
- Family Owned & Operated
- IICRC Certified & Insured
- We Work with Insurance
- Initial Response Under 60 Minutes
- Commercial & Residential Fire and Smoke Damage
What Should you do After Fire Damage in Huber Heights?
- Contact your insurance agent– Contact your insurance company right away and ask them what to do first.
- Take care of yourself and your family– Contact your local disaster relief service, they will help you find food, clothing, medicine and a place to stay. You have a big job ahead of you. Get plenty of rest, and ask for help. Do not try to do it all alone.
- Get Finances in order– Contact your landlord or mortgage lender. It is also important you get in touch with your credit card company to report credit cards that were lost in the fire. Save all of your receipts for any money you spend, these receipts may be needed later by the insurance company, and you will need them to prove losses claimed on your tax return.
Call Now & Speak With Us! (937) 507-2927
The reason to call a professional after a fire is restoration needs done quickly and correctly. In fact, different smoke odors require different types of cleaning and odor neutralizing equipment. Therefore, we have done all of different smoke odor removal projects so what know what types of equipment to use. Our Smoke Damage Cleanup Company has training and experience. Please know you are in good hands when you hire us to take care of your Smoke Fire Cleanup.
Tips to Minimize Loss
- Air your home to reduce smoke odor
- Change filters on furnaces
- Toss any open food packages
- If power is off, clean your refrigerator out and leave the door open
- Send smoke and soot-damaged clothing and drapery for professional cleaning
About Complete Detail’s Fire Damage Services in Huber Heights
Complete Detail is the Miami Valley’s Official Fire and Smoke Damage Service. Therefore, we are proud to assist home and business owners overcome disasters. We proudly providing quality service to our community in Huber Heights, Ohio for over 15 years.
Complete Detail understands the importance of doing the job right the first time. Therefore, you can rely on us to provide you with the best services available and unmatched peace of mind.
Important Fire Safety Reminders
- Do not try to turn on water, gas or any other utility unless otherwise directed by the fire department.
- Do not enter your damaged home or apartment unless the fire department says it is safe.
- It is important to understand the risk to your safety and health even after the fire is out. The soot and dirty water left behind may contain things that could make you sick. Be very careful if you go into your home and if you touch any fire-damaged items.
Team Up With A Certified Fire and Smoke Damage Company
The IICRC, is a certification and educational organization for restoration and cleaning industries. Complete Detail is proudly certified through the IICRC. In addition, we exhibit the organization’s five key values on every project in Huber Heights, Ohio. The IICRC’s five key values are respect, responsibility, integrity, excellence, and expertise.
When is Something Considered Damaged by Smoke?
Smoke does so much more than stain walls and make your home smell bad. It contains acidic compounds that corrode metals and can etch glass. It can have serious effects you’re your physical health and damage your belongings. When is something considered damaged? In order to understand more fully how smoke effects a home and the damage it can cause, let’s consider an outline of the smoke damage process and what can happen if smoke damage isn’t taken care of properly and quickly
- In minutes, smoke will settle into soot. Soot will cause permanent discoloration of any porous material it lands on. Discoloration can also be made on materials like marble, alabaster and most plastics found in a household.
- Since soot is acidic, in hours it can start to corrode metal and tarnish appliances, electronics and many other belongings.
- Painted walls will become stained as well as clothing.
- Fiberglass bathroom fixtures will begin to yellow, along with many other appliances, such as washer, dryer or refrigerator.
- Grout lines between tile will also begin to stain (it’s also porous) and will eventually need to be replaced.
- Wooden furniture will most likely need to be refinished, as well as flooring.
- Any carpet in the home will be permanently yellow and smoke removal will be basically impossible in a few days.
- Silver is irreparably corroded and even glass, crystal, and china become etched.
Why is Smoke Dangerous?
If you expose yourself to smoke and soot you may experience irritation of the skin and eyes. It can also cause damage through inhalation or ingestion. Since airborne soot particles aren’t visible, you may be affected and not even know you’ve been in contact with it. Once soot enters your blood stream, it can cause several health problems. A few can be, respiratory issues, shortness of breath, bronchitis, asthma, or much worse. The affects can have even more long term and severe effects on infants and toddlers who are still developing their respiratory systems.
Smoke and soot not only smell bad and look terrible, but as we are seeing, can affect your health in a negative way. Therefore, it is so important to take care of smoke damage as soon as you possibly can. Don’t delay in calling a professional restoration company. Also, this is NOT something that should be cleaned up on your own and without the proper equipment, knowledge and experience.
Odor Caused by Smoke
After a fire, a homeowner is overwhelmed to say the least. As we have discussed, smoke and soot can damage property and belongings. They need to be cleaned or replaced in a timely manner. However, once all of that is taken care of, how is the issue of strong, lingering odor dealt with. Is there anything that can be done to fix the smell?
The good news is, there is a solution to smoke odor! Remember that the most important step is getting to the source of the smell and removing it. Below we will discuss just three deodorization techniques used to get your home smelling clean and fresh.
- Ozone Machines
- This method destroys bacteria molecules that produce the smoke odor. Ozone is made up of 3 oxygen atoms which allows itself to become attached to other molecules and change the actual structure of the molecules. We know, it sounds complicated, but the end result is the end to smoke odor!
- HEPA Filtration
- HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air, this system works at removing odors by filtering the air. Bad odor particles are filtered out to ensure clean air safe for breathing is all that is left behind.
- Thermal Fogging
- A thermal fogger rids air of odor by neutralizing all odor particles. This is most commonly used for after a fire to rid a home of smoke odors.
Does Insurance Cover Fire Damage and Restoration?
Most of the time, homeowners insurance will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property due to a fire. Call your agent if you have specific concerns.
How Much Does Smoke and Fire Restoration Cost?
Each situation is different and one fire restoration project can differ greatly from another. Typical costs for clean-up after a fire can range anywhere from $3,000 and $26,000. Although, if you are only looking for smoke remediation the cost will be anywhere between $200 to $1,000. It all depends on the furniture, clothing and anything else that needs to be cleaned. Therefore, if you are interested in getting an estimate, call (937) 507-2927.
If you are interested in speaking to us, call (937) 507-2927 or visit our Contact Us web page to set up an appointment.