Choose Fire and Smoke Damage Professionals in Sidney, OH
We know that after a fire, much work needs to be done. If you have suffered fire and smoke damage in Sidney, call Complete Detail. Our Smoke Restoration and Fire Damage Company always make sure that when we restore a property after a fire, we handle each aspect of fire, smoke, water and even mold. For immediate service call our trained operators at (937) 507-2927.
The Complete Detail Difference
- Free Fire and Smoke Damage Estimates
- Licensed & Insured
- 24/7 Emergency Fire and Smoke Damage Availability
- Family Owned & Operated
- IICRC Certified & Insured
- We Work with Insurance
- Initial Response Under 60 Minutes
- Commercial & Residential Fire and Smoke Damage
What Should you do After a Fire?
- Contact your insurance agent– You should immediately reach out to your insurance company and ask them what to do first.
- Take care of yourself and your family– Utilize a local disaster relief service for help finding food, clothing, medicine, and a place to stay. Get plenty of rest, and ask for help.
- Get Finances in order– Contact your landlord or mortgage lender. Reach out to your credit card company to report credit cards that were lost in the fire. Save all of your receipts in the event that you need to prove losses claimed on your tax return.
What Does Fire/Smoke Restoration Involve?
- Emergency Contact
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service (if needed)
- Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
- Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
- Cleaning and Repair
About Our Fire and Smoke Damage Services in Sidney
After a fire, the next step is the restoration of the property so you can get your life back. Additionally, our Smoke Damage Cleanup Company will work closely with your insurance company. This will ensure the cleanup work is funded properly and things go smoothly.
Contact our Smoke and Fire Restoration Company experts at (937) 507-2927 and let’s get to work on getting your property back to its original condition as fast as possible!
Call Now & Speak With Us! (937) 507-2927
Why Cleanup and Fire Restoration Must Be Performed Quickly
- Smoke smells permeate your indoor areas and cause further issues if not promptly handled.
- Uncleaned smoke and ash cause corrosion and damage to anything they settle on.
- Walls, furniture and other surfaces become permanently discolored in a few minutes.
- Kitchen appliance finishes discolor within hours.
- Smoke etches into glass and tarnishes metal surfaces quickly.
About Complete Detail
Complete Detail is the most trusted Miami Valley Fire and Smoke Damage Service. We proudly assist home and business owners in recovering from disasters, large and small. We have been proudly offering unrivaled quality service to our community in Sidney, Ohio for over 15 years. We understand the importance of doing the job right the first time. Therefore, you can rely on us to provide you with the best services available and unmatched peace of mind.
IICRC Certified Fire and Smoke Damage Professionals in Sidney, OH
The IICRC, certifies and educates restoration and cleaning professionals. Complete Detail is proudly certified through the IICRC and embodies the organization’s five key values of respect, responsibility, integrity, excellence, and expertise.
To Avoid Making Big Mistakes Don’t :
- Touch anything with your bare hands – further damage could occur
- Wash walls – this could spread the soot
- Clean upholstery or carpets
- Use any electrical items until inspection
Does Insurance Cover Fire Damage and Restoration?
Usually homeowners insurance pays for the expense of repairing or replacing damaged property that occurred as a result of a fire. There are certain exclusions to coverage, and if you are curious about what is covered for you personally, call your agent.
How Much Does Smoke and Fire Restoration Cost?
Each fire restoration project differ greatly from the next. Typical costs range anywhere from $3,000 and $26,000. Although, if you are only looking for smoke remediation, the cost will be anywhere between $200 to $1,000. It all depends on the furniture, clothing and anything else that needs to be cleaned.
When is Something Considered Damaged by Smoke?
Smoke goes beyond staining walls and making your home smell bad. Acidic compounds corrode metals and etch glass. Furthermore, you may experience serious effects to your physical health and belongings.
When is something considered damaged? To better understand how smoke effects a home and the damage it causes, let’s consider an outline of the smoke damage process and what can happen if smoke damage isn’t taken care of properly and quickly
- In minutes, smoke settles into soot which causes permanent discoloration of any porous material it touches. Discoloration happens on materials like marble, alabaster and plastics.
- Because soot is acidic, it can corrode metal, and tarnish appliances, electronics and other belongings.
- Painted walls and clothing become stained.
- Fiberglass bathroom fixtures yellow, along with appliances, such as your washer, dryer or refrigerator.
- Grout lines between tile stain (it’s also porous), requiring replacement.
- Wooden furniture will most likely need to be refinished, as well as flooring.
- Carpet will permanently yellow, and smoke removal will be impossible in a few days.
- Silver irreparably corrodes and even glass, crystal, and China etch.
Why is Smoke Dangerous?
Exposure to smoke and soot may cause irritation of the skin and eyes, in addition to damage from inhalation or ingestion. As airborne soot particles are invisible, you may not realize you’ve been in contact with it.
Once soot enters your blood stream, you will experience several health problems, from shortness of breath and bronchitis to asthma and much worse. Long term and severe effects occur in infants and toddlers who are still developing their respiratory systems.
It is so important to take care of smoke damage as soon as you possibly can. Don’t delay in calling a professional restoration company like Complete Detail.
Odor Caused by Smoke
After a fire, a homeowner has many tasks to complete. Smoke and soot damage property and belongings — but can anything be done to fix the smell?
In short, yes: there is a solution to smoke odor! The most important step requires getting to the source of the smell and removing it. Below we will discuss just three deodorization techniques used to get your home smelling clean and fresh.
- Ozone Machines
- Ozone machines destroy bacteria molecules that produce the smoke odor. Ozone’s 3 oxygen atoms allows it to attach to other molecules and change the actual structure of the molecules. The end result is smoke odor!
- HEPA Filtration
- HEPA, or high-efficiency particulate air, removes odors by filtering bad odor particles out of the air. Clean air that is safe for breathing is left behind.
- Thermal Fogging
- A thermal fogger rids air of odor by neutralizing all odor particles. This is most commonly used for after a fire to rid a home of smoke odors.
If interested in speaking with us, call (937) 507-2927 or visit our Contact Us web page to make an appointment.