Choose Floor Stripping and Waxing Professionals in Sidney, OH
Vinyl Composite Tile is a type of flooring that gets extremely dirty, and mopping alone will not clean it entirely. The old wax that is coating the VCT needs to be stripped off because it is sealing in dirt and debris. The process of stripping and waxing (taking off the old wax and applying new wax) needs to be done by a professional. If you need floor buffing, call our Floor Stripping Company in Sidney, Ohio, 45365 at (937) 507-2927.
The Complete Detail Difference
- Free Floor Stripping and Waxing Estimates
- Licensed & Insured
- 24/7 Emergency Floor Stripping and Waxing Availability
- Family Owned & Operated
- IICRC Certified & Insured
- Initial Response Under 60 Minutes
- Commercial & Residential Floor Stripping and Waxing
About Our Floor Stripping and Waxing Services in Sidney
- Preparing the Area– Dusting, mopping or vacuuming the area that will be cleaning must be done first to rid the area of any dust and large debris.
- Stripping– The first step in the process is putting a chemical on the floor that will break down the dirt and grime. After about 10-15 minutes, a machine is used to scrub the floors and remove all the old wax.
- Thorough Cleaning– The remaining stripping agent needs to be cleaned with a wet vac, followed by a cleaning with an agent that has an acid base to neutralize the floor. After that the floor needs to be wet vacuumed again and dried completely.
- Sealant– This step is vital to extending the wear of VCT tile. It will also reduce marks and scratches and guard against dirt and abrasion.
- Waxing– The last step in the process is applying the wax to the floors. The wax coating will not only protect the floor but it also leaves the floor with a beautiful shine.
What are the Benefits of Regular Floor Stripping and Waxing in Sidney?
- Floors will be cleaner longer
- Extends the life of VCT flooring
- Floors are left with a shine that makes them look new
When to Strip and Wax Floors
Since there are many benefits that come from stripping and waxing floors, a common question is how often should this service be performed? For most floors, it usually ends up needing done every 12-18 months. This of course depends on your flooring. Is traffic heavy? Have there been a lot of spills or other accidents?In gereral, VCT strip and wax shouldn’t be done more than once every 6 months, and no less than once every 36 months.
Team Up With A Certified Floor Stripping and Waxing Company
The IICRC, is a certification and educational organization for restoration and cleaning industries. Therefore, Complete Detail is proudly certified through the IICRC and exhibit the organization’s five key values on every project. Those five key values are: respect, responsibility, integrity, excellence, and expertise.
How To Keep Floors Cleaner Longer:
After a professional cleaning, there are a few things you can do to prolong the beauty. For example, use entryway mats to avoid excess water and dirt being tracked. Sweep, dry mop and wet mop floors daily. Don’t use overly abrasive scrubbing pads when cleaning. Finally, make sure to get a regular VCT strip and wax done.
VCT Care: Annual Maintenance
In addition to the regular maintenance we have already discussed, VCT tiles need VCT stripping, VCT waxing and VCT buffing treatments on a regular schedule. However, each year a full strip and wax is usually needed. This is detailed and requires a professional who has experience and equipment to do the job the right way. A professional can also make your floors (or keep them if they are new) beautiful and shiny! Complete Detail is a company that can do the job! We have a team of professionals that specialize in VCT floor maintenance and commercial floor care.
How VCT Flooring is Properly Stripped:
Vinyl flooring has a layer of protection to ensure it is not damaged. However, this layer can be removed with the proper equipment. In fact, it is necessary in order to properly strip the vinyl floor. This layer will become dirty and won’t get clean no matter how many times it is cleaned. A chemical blend is used on the floor to take this protective wax off the surface. This step takes time to ensure that the wax has been fully removed.
How to Seal Tile Flooring:
After VCT has been properly stripped, it will need re-sealed. This sealant protects the vinyl and ensures it will last longer. In addition, it will add some shine to the floor and is needed before the last layer of flooring is added.
How to Wax Vinyl Floors:
The final step that is needed to be applied to the floor is wax. This new wax is replacing the protective wax that was removed in the first step. This wax will allow you to clean floors and keep them looking their best. This layer will need cleaning and polishing regularly. The final product should be a sleek and shining floor!
To call and discuss your individual floor waxing needs, feel free to call our professionals today at (937) 507-2927. You may also wish to visit our Contact Us web page to make an appointment.