Unless you frequently inspect your attic, you could be in for a rude awakening. This is largely in part due to the many issues that lurk out of sight and out of mind. In all actuality, periodic monitoring of the attic space is important to the health and well-being of your home. Otherwise, you could face the need for contaminated insulation removal and replacement.
While it is best to avoid contaminated insulation, Complete Detail understands that some factors are out of your control. This is why we offer comprehensive contaminated insulation removal and replacement services.
Causes of Contaminated Insulation
Contamination of your insulation can arise from a variety of sources. Each poses unique challenges and considerations that must be taken into account when performing insulation removal services. The most common causes of contaminated insulation are:
Chances are high that if your home was built before the 1990s, the building materials, including the insulation, are contaminated with insulation. If the asbestos is disturbed, harmful microscopic fibers are released into the air. Exposure to the fibers causes serious health issues including inflammation of the lungs and mesothelioma.
Mice, rats, squirrels, snakes, raccoons, bats, and numerous other pests can create issues that result in expensive repairs for you. Between chewing up electrical wiring to leaving behind a build up of droppings, pests contaminate insulation, leaving the attic vulnerable. With the ability to leave up to 75 droppings per day and over 30 diseases associated with rodents, removing contaminated insulation and addressing the pest problem is crucial.
It is not uncommon to find mold in insulation. Due to your attic’s close proximity to the roof and the possibility for leaks, water damage often results in wet insulation that soon sprouts mold spores. Left untreated, mold poses the possibility of severe health concerns and weakened structures.
Contaminated Insulation Removal & Replacement
No matter the cause of your contaminated insulation, Complete Detail has the training, expertise, and equipment to handle the job. We follow a strict process to ensure your well-being at all times. We utilize the following method:
- Inspection – After receiving your call, Complete Detail dispatches a certified contaminated insulation removal technician. We will assess the extent and severity of the insulation issues to develop a plan for insulation removal and replacement.
- Contaminated Insulation Removal – Once each area of contaminated insulation has been identified, we begin the process of safe removal. Our experts will contain any affected areas to ensure that the rest of your attic and home remain uncontaminated.
- Pest Dropping Removal – If rodents or other pests are the source of your contaminated insulation, we will remove the droppings to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria.
- Rodent Proofing – Access points will be sealed off to keep rodents out in the future.
- Re-insulation – Once all other steps are complete, we will re-insulate affected areas. As the property-owner, you choose the type of insulation you’d like installed. Complete Detail installs the insulation to the correct R-factor for your area.
Why Choose Complete Detail
When it comes to contaminated insulation removal and contaminated insulation replacement, this is a job best left to professionals. Because attics can be a cramped space with itchy insulation, harmful diseases, and imposing wildlife, you should call an experienced insulation removal services company. Complete Detail is here to answer your call for contaminated insulation removal and replacement.