Water damage is something that can happen to homeowners at any time. When it strikes, it must be attended to as quickly as possible to prevent further damage occurring. Although many people think they will just be able to remove the excess water themselves and paint over moldy spots, this is not the case. Professional water damage restoration must be performed in order to save as much of your property and possessions as possible.
What Can Cause Water Damage?
Several things can cause minor to extremely serious water leaks in a property, including:
- Clogged or overflowing toilets
- Accumulation of moisture behind walls or under some types of flooring
- Pipes and/or hoses that break inside walls or out in the yard
- Cracks in walls and building foundations
- Roof leaks that are not attended to quickly
- Plumbing leaks that are ignored
Regardless of the cause of water damage that has occurred in or around your home, it’s crucial to have excess water removed as quickly as possible. In turn, a complete assessment is done and an appropriate plan of action can be implemented.
We Want to Help!
Complete Detail provides a knowledgeable and certified staff who have can get you through the pain of water damage restoration in a timely manner. Our techs will get your property back to its pre-loss state by addressing the cause of the water damage and cleaning up the property. Further, we utilize the industry’s leading techniques to ensure no other damage. Call our department today at (937) 507-2927 so that we can assist you with your restoration needs.
Without a doubt, our team is able to arrive on-site to perform water damage restoration and water removal 24/7. This means, if you contact us promptly, we will be able to save your property before permanent damage occurs.
What does Water Mitigation Involve?
Water mitigation involves reducing and/or preventing the amount of water-related damage that occurs after a property has been exposed to excessive amounts of water. When you contact us promptly, our team is able to take fast action to prevent further damage from occurring in and around your home.
If your home or commercial building has suffered from any kind of water damage due to a busted pipe, our restoration team in Troy can help. Complete Detail is an honest and reliable company to choose when dealing with such a serious issue. We specialize in water damage cleanup and other water-related disasters. If you are experiencing any water damage issues, call us at (937) 507-2927. We will be there right away!
What you can do to Minimize Losses
After water damage occurs, many homeowners don’t know what steps to take. Certainly, it is crucial to prevent further damage. However, here are a few actions you can take:
- Remove excess water by blotting and mopping it up
- Take wet area rugs and mats outside
- Lift curtains off the ground
- Put aluminum foil under furniture legs to prevent them from absorbing moisture
- Move photos and other treasured possessions somewhere dry and safe
- Pack books on shelving until experts can dry them out
- Open all closets, cabinets, and drawers to dry
- Enter rooms containing standing water until all power sources have been turned off
- Disturb any visible mold that’s formed
- Use any electrical appliances while flooring is still wet
- Take books off of their shelving
- Use regular vacuum cleaners to try and suck water up
- Attempt to lift any fitted carpeting until professional help arrives
Indeed, if you contact us immediately, our team will have a chance of restoring the damage and save your possessions. Of course, our experienced and certified technicians will provide you with assistance every step of the way. In addition, we will ensure your home is livable as soon as possible. Contact us today to find out more about the services we offer.
How Much Does Water Damage Restoration Cost?
Typically, a water leak cleanup will cost anywhere from $1,000 to $3,800. For a professional to come to your home and clean up and dry out an area, you are looking a paying around $3.75 per square foot to $7 per square foot. Of course, this all depends on the amount of water standing in a home.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Water Damage?
Water damage done to your home is covered by a standard homeowner’s insurance policy dependent if it is considered sudden internal water damage. Home insurance does not cover damage done by lack of maintenance or neglect, nor damage resulting from a flood.
If you have any questions, please call (937) 507-2927 or visit our Contact Us web page to make an appointment.