Water damage is something that can happen to homeowners at any time, and when it strikes, it must be attended to as quickly as possible to prevent further damage occurring. Although many people think they will just be able to remove the excess water themselves and paint over moldy spots, this is not the case. Professional water damage restoration must be performed in order to save as much of your property and possessions as possible.
What Can Cause Water Damage?
Several occurrences and aspects can cause minor to extremely serious water leaks in and around a property, including:
- Clogged or overflowing toilets
- An accumulation of moisture behind walls or under some types of flooring
- Pipes and/or hoses that break inside walls or out in the yard
- Cracks in walls and building foundations
- Roof leaks that are not attended to quickly
- Plumbing leaks that are ignored
Regardless of the cause of water damage that has occurred in or around your home, it’s crucial to have any excess water removed as quickly as possible. This will enable a complete property assessment to be performed and an appropriate plan of action to be implemented to ensure that as much restoration as possible can take place.
Our team is able to arrive on-site in a hurry and perform water damage restoration and water removal services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This means that if you contact us promptly, we will usually be able to save a substantial portion of your property before permanent damage has a chance to set in.
What does Water Mitigation Involve?
Water mitigation involves reducing and/or preventing the amount of water-related damage that occurs after a property has been exposed to excessive amounts of water. When you contact us promptly, our team is able to take fast action to prevent further damage from occurring in and around your home.
What you can do to Minimize Losses
When water damage occurs, many homeowners have no idea what steps to take in order to prevent more damage from occurring until such time as a professional team can assist them. However, here are a few actions you can take that will be a big help to everyone involved:
- Try to remove as much excess water as possible by blotting and mopping it up
- Pick up wet area rugs and mats and any other non-attached floor coverings and take them outside
- Lift curtains off the ground and hang them on their rods wherever possible
- Put aluminum foil under furniture legs to prevent them from absorbing moisture
- Move photos and other treasured possessions somewhere dry and safe
- Pack books snugly on shelving until such time as experts can assist with drying them out correctly
- Open all closets, cabinets, and drawers to help get them dry as quickly as possible
What you shouldn’t do
- Don’t enter rooms containing standing water until all power sources have been turned off
- Don’t disturb any visible mold that’s formed
- Don’t use any electrical appliances while flooring is still wet
- Don’t take any books off of their shelving
- Don’t use regular vacuum cleaners to try and suck water up
- Don’t attempt to lift any fitted carpeting until professional help arrives
If you contact us immediately after water damage has occurred in your home, our team will have an excellent chance of being able to restore the most damage and save a lot of your possessions. Our experienced and certified technicians will provide you with assistance every step of the way to ensure that your home is livable as soon as possible after experiencing water and/or mold damage. Contact us today to find out more about the services we offer.