Due to the fact that your basement is the lowest point in your home, it will suffer significant damage in the event of a flood. If you experience a flooded basement, we have a professional and experienced team available to help! Without a doubt, our team will be able to respond within 24 hours to assist you. Therefore, allow us to get your home restored to a livable condition as quickly as possible.
In most cases, our fast response will enable your home and possessions as to be restored to pre-flood conditions.
What Causes Water Damage?
Many factors can cause water damage. For example, above average levels of rain or melting snow can cause the ground surrounding your home to become over saturated with water. As a result, hydro static pressure builds, which is when moisture levels outside your basement or foundation exceed the level of pressure inside your basement. Therefore, foundation leaks and cracks can develop. In addition, basements can flood as a result of burst pipes, heavy rain or other water-related incidents inside or outside your home.
- Enter rooms containing standing water until all power sources have been turned off
- Disturb any visible mold that’s formed
- Use any electrical appliances while flooring is still wet
- Take books off of their shelving
- Use regular vacuum cleaners to try and suck water up
- Attempt to lift any fitted carpeting until professional help arrives
Indeed, if you contact us immediately, our team will have a chance of restoring the damage and save your possessions. Of course, our experienced and certified technicians will provide you with assistance every step of the way. In addition, we will ensure your home is livable as soon as possible. Contact us today to find out more about the services we offer.
How Our Team Can Assist You
If your home’s basement has flooded and caused damage, our experienced team of professionals will be able to assist you in several different ways:
- Our team will use professionally designed and formulated products to assist with cleanup and water remediation
- All excess water will be removed as quickly and efficiently as possible. All without causing any further structural damage. This will also prevent any further property damage.
- Dehumidifiers will be placed in your basement and throughout your home. As a result, it will help to move air around and prevent mold.
- After our team has removed excess water and moisture, they will start cleaning, treating and fully sanitizing your basement. All of this is done with a highly effective antimicrobial product. In fact, it will prevent black mold
- Our team will work with you every step of the way. In addition, we will assist you in dealing with your insurance company. As a result, any claims for damages and losses will be processed quickly and smoothly.
What Water Mitigation Involves:
Water mitigation involves reducing and/or preventing the amount of water-related damage that occurs after a property has been exposed to excessive amounts of water. When you contact us promptly, our team is able to take fast action to prevent further damage from occurring in and around your home.
If your home or commercial building has suffered from any kind of water damage due to a busted pipe, our water damage team in Troy can help. Complete Detail is an honest and reliable company to choose when dealing with such a serious issue. We specialize in water damage cleanup and other water-related disasters. If you are experiencing any water damage issues, call us at (937) 507-2927. We will be there right away!
Tips for Staying Safe
- Do not enter standing water in your basement. For example, if any live power may be running it could cause serious damage.
- If the weather permits, open your home’s windows and doors.
- Do not turn on any electrical items or appliances in your basement until it professionals say its safe.
Allow Our Team to Assist You
A flooded and waterlogged basement is not only a severe inconvenience and extremely destructive; it will take its toll on your stress-wise as well. As a result, you will benefit significantly by allowing our experienced team of professionals to assist you with each step of the process for flooded basement cleanup and restorations. Our team will do everything in their power to help restore your home as quickly as possible.
If you have experienced a flooded basement and damage has occurred to your home and/or your personal possessions, it’s time to call in the experts. Contact our team today for further information.
How to Minimize Loss:
After water damage occurs, many homeowners don’t know what steps to take. Certainly, it is crucial to prevent further damage. However, here are a few actions you can take:
- Remove excess water by blotting and mopping it up
- Take wet area rugs and mats outside
- Lift curtains off the ground
- Put aluminum foil under furniture legs to prevent them from absorbing moisture
- Move photos and other treasured possessions somewhere dry and safe
- Pack books on shelving until experts can dry them out
- Open all closets, cabinets, and drawers to dry
How Much Does Water Damage Restoration Cost?
Typically, a water leak cleanup will cost anywhere from $1,000 to $3,800. For a professional to come to your home and clean up and dry out an area, you are looking a paying around $3.75 per square foot to $7 per square foot. Of course, this all depends on the amount of water standing in a home.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Water Damage?
Water damage done to your home is covered by a standard homeowner’s insurance policy dependent if it is considered sudden internal water damage. Home insurance does not cover damage done by lack of maintenance or neglect, nor damage resulting from a flood.
If you are interested in calling us, you can reach us at (937) 507-2927 or visit our Contact Us web page to make an appointment.