Choose Fire and Smoke Damage Professionals in Troy, OH
It is an understatement to say a fire is hard to deal with. It is our promise to do everything we can to comfort you and make the process as smooth as possible. In the event that you have to be relocated, our fire and smoke damage restoration specialists in Troy will work carefully with your insurance. Therefore, this will ensure that your temporary living situation meets your standards. In addition, Complete Detail will also work diligently to ensure that your valued possessions are restored to their highest possible integrity.
What Should you do After a Fire?
- Contact your insurance agent– Contact your insurance company right away and ask them what to do first.
- Take care of yourself and your family– Contact your local disaster relief service, they will help you find food, clothing, medicine and a place to stay. You have a big job ahead of you. Get plenty of rest, and ask for help. Do not try to do it all alone.
- Get Finances in order– Contact your landlord or mortgage lender. It is also important you get in touch with your credit card company to report credit cards that were lost in the fire. Save all of your receipts for any money you spend, these receipts may be needed later by the insurance company, and you will need them to prove losses claimed on your tax return.
The Complete Detail Difference
- Free Fire and Smoke Damage Estimates
- Licensed & Insured
- 24/7 Emergency Fire and Smoke Damage Availability
- Family Owned & Operated
- IICRC Certified & Insured
- We Work with Insurance
- Initial Response Under 60 Minutes
Commercial & Residential Fire and Smoke Damage
About Our Fire and Smoke Damage Services in Troy
First, we do an assessment of the fire damage to ensure minimal additional damage. We understand that there are ongoing risks after the fire has been put out. This means we can take the necessary measures immediately. After the initial assessment, we begin the restoration of your property. Call us anytime with questions at (937) 507-2927.
Why Cleanup and Fire Restoration Must Be Performed Quickly
- Smoke-related smells remain indoors for a long time and will cause further issues if not promptly addressed
- Smoke and ash that is not removed quickly will cause corrosion and damage to anything they have been allowed to settle on
- Walls, furniture and other surfaces become permanently discolored in a matter of minutes
- Kitchen appliance finishes will also discolor within hours
- Smoke will permanently etch into glass and tarnish metal surfaces quickly
About Complete Detail
Complete Detail is the Miami Valley’s Official Fire and Smoke Damage Service. Therefore, we are proud to assist home and business owners overcome disasters both large and small. Complete Detail has been proudly providing quality service to our community in Troy, OH for over 15 years.
Call Now & Speak With Us! (937) 507-2927
Fire and Smoke Damage in Troy, OH
In addition to offering professional and courteous service, Complete Detail’s team members understand the importance of doing the job right the first time. Therefore, you can rely on us to provide you with the best services available and unmatched peace of mind.
Team Up With A Certified Fire and Smoke Damage Company
IICRC Certified Fire and Smoke Damage in Troy, OH
The IICRC, is a certification and educational organization for restoration and cleaning industries. Complete Detail is proudly certified through the IICRC and exhibit the organization’s five key values on every project. Further, the IICRC’s five key values are: respect, responsibility, integrity, excellence, and expertise.
Does Insurance Cover Fire Damage and Restoration?
Most of the time, homeowners insurance will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property due to a fire. Although fire coverage is included in most homeowners policies there are certain exclusions to coverage.
How Much Does Smoke and Fire Restoration Cost?
Each situation is different and one fire restoration project can differ greatly from another. Typical costs for clean-up after a fire can range anywhere from $3,000 and $26,000. Although, if you are only looking for smoke remediation the cost will be anywhere between $200 to $1,000. It all depends on the furniture, clothing and anything else that needs to be cleaned.
When is Something Considered Damaged by Smoke?
Smoke does so much more than stain walls and make your home smell bad. It contains acidic compounds that corrode metals and can etch glass. It can have serious effects you’re your physical health and damage your belongings. When is something considered damaged? In order to understand more fully how smoke effects a home and the damage it can cause, let’s consider an outline of the smoke damage process and what can happen if smoke damage isn’t taken care of properly and quickly
- In minutes, smoke will settle into soot. Soot will cause permanent discoloration of any porous material it lands on. Discoloration can also be made on materials like marble, alabaster and most plastics found in a household.
- Since soot is acidic, in hours it can start to corrode metal and tarnish appliances, electronics and many other belongings.
- Painted walls will become stained as well as clothing.
- Fiberglass bathroom fixtures will begin to yellow, along with many other appliances, such as washer, dryer or refrigerator.
- Any carpet in the home will be permanently yellow and smoke removal will be basically impossible in a few days.
Why is Smoke Dangerous?
If you expose yourself to smoke and soot you may experience irritation of the skin and eyes. It can also cause damage through inhalation or ingestion. Since airborne soot particles aren’t visible, you may be affected and not even know you’ve been in contact with it. Once soot enters your blood stream, it can cause several health problems. A few can be, respiratory issues, shortness of breath, bronchitis, asthma, or much worse. The affects can have even more long term and severe effects on infants and toddlers who are still developing their respiratory systems.
Smoke and soot not only smell bad and look terrible, but as we are seeing, can affect your health in a negative way. Therefore, it is so important to take care of smoke damage as soon as you possibly can. Don’t delay in calling a professional restoration company. Also, this is NOT something that should be cleaned up on your own and without the proper equipment, knowledge and experience.
Odor Caused by Smoke
After a fire, a homeowner is overwhelmed to say the least. As we have discussed, smoke and soot can damage property and belongings. Can anything that can be done to fix the smell?
The good news is, there is a solution to smoke odor! Remember that the most important step is getting to the source of the smell and removing it. Below we will discuss just three deodorization techniques used to get your home smelling clean and fresh.
- Ozone Machines
- This method destroys bacteria molecules that produce the smoke odor. Ozone is made up of 3 oxygen atoms which allows itself to become attached to other molecules and change the actual structure of the molecules. We know, it sounds complicated, but the end result is the end to smoke odor!
- HEPA Filtration
- HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air, this system works at removing odors by filtering the air. Bad odor particles are filtered out to ensure clean air safe for breathing is all that is left behind.
- Thermal Fogging
- A thermal fogger rids air of odor by neutralizing all odor particles. This is most commonly used for after a fire to rid a home of smoke odors.
If you would like to speak to a professional in our office, call (937) 507-2927 or visit our Contact Us web page to make an appointment.